What is Cloud Computing? – Definition, Forms, Types, and More
Cloud Computing Definition
Cloud Computing is a technology that allows remote access, from anywhere in the world and at any time, to software, file storage, and data processing over the Internet.
It is the requirement to connect the personal computer or local server.
In other words, cloud computing uses the connectivity and large scale of the Internet to host the most varied resources.
Programs and information and allow the user to access them through any computer, tablet, or cell phone.
If you’ve ever edited a document in Google Docs, listened to music on Spotify, or watched a movie on Netflix, you had direct contact with cloud computing.
All of them are online services that do not require the download, installation, and access to any software or file on your computer.
You only need a browser and a good internet connection to use them.
What are the primary forms of cloud computing as a service?
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Being the most basic form of cloud computing, IaaS gives users access to basic infrastructure concepts such as server space, data storage, and networks.
- It can be a provision using an API.
- This model is the closest thing to replicating the functionality of a traditional data center in a hosted environment.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- This model offers a complete development environment, eliminating the need for developers to address the infrastructure layer when deploying or updating applications directly.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
- SaaS applications are design for end-users. We are keeping all infrastructure development and provisioning behind the scenes.
- SaaS applications offer a wide range of functionality in the cloud from business applications, such as word processing programs and spreadsheets, to free CRM, photo-editing suites, and video hosting platforms.
What are the types of cloud computing?
It is also the cloud types that you can work and within the services that we have already mentioned in the deployed.
- The provider combines a set of physical resources in one or multiple geographic locations and exposes them for consumption as services over the Internet.
- And also, It is known as a public cloud since its access is open to all.
- Although the possessions allocated to each user are private.
- An individual user decides to provision computing storage and networking capacities locally to consume resources individually.
- And also, It has recognized as a private cloud computing write for us.
- In particular traditional physical facilities, and also known as on-premise, are comprised of this type.
- Hyper cloud is the solution combines among multiple public clouds provide.
- And also, It is Related to one or multiple private clouds. It is a hybrid cloud solution.
Is your HR strategy ready for technology transformation?
Technology transformation is something no business can run away from. Digital solutions are everywhere from how you sell your products…