What is Cold Brew Coffee Maker? – Definition, Difference, and More
Table of Contents
Cold Brew Coffee Maker Definition
Rather than knowing that Cold Brew is a cold coffee maker, which is generally drunk with ice.
It is necessary to understand that it is extracting by a cold method.
It means that they do not have contact with hot water at any point in their preparation process, as with traditional coffee.
The origin of Cold Brew is quite old and dates back to the seventeenth century.
As recorded, it arose in Holland during the war, due to the need to transport coffee in a ready-made way.
Later, the reduction was prepare with hot water to obtain traditional coffee.
Only in France, around 1837, Cold Brew started serving as we know it today, ice cream and sweet.
From that moment, the idea expand and then became famous in Europe and the United States.
But in the 1960s, it caught on, being prominent in Japan.
Today this type of Cold Brew Coffee Maker and Cold Brew coffee is immensely appreciate worldwide, even in Spain.
And also we can easily be found for consumption in specialized coffee shops.
What is the difference between Cold Brew and other types of coffee?
- Now that you know the history of Cold Brew, you must be wondering what the differences are, in addition to the temperature, with the other types of coffee preparation.
- The differences are many, since the way the coffee is preparing and the degree of grinding is different from other methods, making a lot of difference in the taste of the drink. Know the main ones:
How to prepare a Cold Brew?
The main difference between Cold Brew coffee and the other more traditional types of coffee is the way it is preparing.
The Cold Brew is extracting at low temperature, without hot water.
Since cold water does not have the extraction power that hot water has, the Cold Brew preparation process is slower.
It needs to stay in contact with water for at least 12 hours. In some cases, that time can last as long as 18 hours.
After that process, your coffee can be serving in various ways. Alone, with tonic, with milk, with lemon, or even with alcoholic cocktails. The process of preparing Cold Brew coffee makes it taste different.
Although it is a potent and highly concentrated drink, it is much less bitter than traditional coffee. The prolonged contact with water causes some oils and acids from the coffee to remain in the bean when it is extracting.
It is approximately up to 70% less acidic than coffee made with hot water.
Cold Brew contains less caffeine:
- Plus, Cold Brew Coffee also has less caffeine.
- By going through this cold extraction process, the coffee will have about 30% less caffeine.
- In practice, it means that by consuming this type of coffee, you will drink a more generous amount of drink without harming your health.
How to make Cold Brew coffee?
After knowing more about the taste of Cold Brew and some benefits of this type of coffee, such as the reduced amount.
Of caffeine, you must already want to taste a cup of this coffee.
Choose the coffee for the Cold Brew:
- The first thing you need to pay attention to when preparing your coffee in the Cold Brew Coffee Maker is the type of coffee you will use.
- To have an expected result, we must choose a coarser ground, so that your coffee is not bitter, de-characterizing the Cold Brew.
How to serve a Cold Brew?
- Your Cold Brew Coffee should always be aiding cold. You can consume alone or using other preparations, such as recipes or drinking.
- If you prefer, you can also increase the drink, served with tonic water, lemon, or in another way that highlights your palate.
- We hope this post is helpful and helps you to learn a little more about Cold Brew Coffee. And also that you can prepare at home with our coffee makers when you feel like trying a refreshing drink.
- With your Cold Brew Coffee, you can try different ways of tasting, such as making a drink or desserts prepared with that drink.
- KNOW MORE:- safenhealthyl
5 healthcare marketing strategies to re-engage patients after COVID-19
In many places worldwide, life is returning to normal. This includes all industries everywhere. For instance, if you are a…
Minecraft Unblocked Games: Characteristics of Minecraft Unblocked
Minecraft Unblocked Games – Minecraft Unblocked Games – Minecraft came out on November 18, 2011. Since its release, the game…