Google Nest Thermostat – Advantages, Disadvantages, and More
Table of Contents
Google Nest Thermostat
The Google Nest thermostat does this. Since 2011, according to our estimates, more than 39 billion kWh of energy have been saved in millions of homes around the world.
The thermostat learns from you. Learn to recognize the temperature you prefer when you are at home and automatically lower it when you are not there.
It even learns how your home heats up or if there are drafts, so you only use the amount of energy you need.
About The Nest Thermostat
The Nest Thermostat usages two AAA alkaline batteries to power it, and they are included in your purchase.
These are the basic specifications of the Nest thermostat:
Smart Assistants: Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant
C Cable: Not Necessary For Most Users (Note: We Could Not Get It To Work Properly Without A-C Cable).
Colors: Snow, Sand, Fog, Charcoal
Dimensions: 3.3 Inches In Diameter, 1.07 Inches Deep
- The new Nest Thermostat is a streamlined, more affordable version of our favorite smart thermostat, Nest’s Learning Thermostat.
- The newest model comes with mounting hardware, but it doesn’t include a trim kit like the Nest Learning Thermostat (though it can be purchased separately ).
- It’s too not smart enough to learn temperature preferences and habits over time, and instead of a built-in rechargeable battery like the Learning Thermostat. The Nest Thermostat uses two AAA alkaline batteries.
- The Nest Thermostat includes many features comparable to the Nest Learning Thermostat, such as Eco Mode.
- Home / Away Assistant and scheduling features to help you save on energy costs, adding value for money.
- It works much more like a traditional programmable thermostat in that it assigns a specific temperature range over some time.
- Nonetheless, it can also start preheating or cooling your home before you get there.
- Telling you how long it takes to reach the indoor temperature and smoothly let you know when it’s time to change your air filter.
- The general setup and installation process should be reasonably straightforward for most people.
What We Like?
Use The Google Home App (Instead Of The Nest App):
- Instead of the Nest app, the Nests thermostat uses the Google Home app to adjust the temperature, create schedules, and more.
- Call me a creature of custom, but at first, I didn’t love that Google ditched the Nest app for the Google Home app to control this particular thermostat.
- The 3rd gen Learning Thermostat still works with the Nest app, so I expected the same here as a current Nest user.
- While there was a period of adjustment for me, I found the Google Home app more comfortable to use than the Nest app when setting schedules, routines, and temperature preferences.
- There is also a detailed monthly overview of my system usage, while my Nest app only shows the last 10 days of energy history.
- It also includes other useful data, such as total daily usage, usage for the previous month to compare, and more.
What We Don’t Like?
The New Design Takes Some Getting Used To:
- The Nest Thermostat (left) maintains the same circular design as the Nest Learning Thermostat (right), but the new thermostat uses touch and slide controls instead of a dial that you can turn and push.
- Here are rare things I love about the new design, like how sleek and modern it is compared to other Nest thermostats.
- It’s less clunky and has a more “cool” factor than my Nest Learning Thermostat, but looks aren’t everything.
- One of the biggest challenges for me was adjusting to the new touch controls.
- Rather than turning the dial, as is the case with the ever-popular Nest Learning Thermostat.
- The new Nest Thermostat uses a swipe and tap interface on the right side of the device (I’m right-handed, but I imagine this might feel a bit strange for left-handed users).
- I found the controls a bit awkward initially and not relatively as smooth as I’m used to. However, if you’ve never used the Nest Learning Thermostat before, this is probably not an issue for you.
- Compatible With Amazon Alexa And Google Assistant
- The Google Home App Is Easy To Use
- It Works Well
- No Native Integration With Apple HomeKit
- The Trim Kit Has An Additional Cost
- Doesn’t Work With Nest Temperature Sensors
Unleashing the Power of Tech in Education: A Game-Changer
The field of education is about to undergo a significant transformation with the impending marriage of technology and education, especially…
3 Cybersecurity Tips for Tech-Savvy Businesses
3 Cybersecurity Tips Cracking down on cybersecurity is vital to keep your business secure. Cyber attacks worldwide increased by 38%…